Have you found yourself getting caught up in your day -to-day routine that you can’t even remember the last time you got together with friends and family for a little bit of fun? Did you know that socializing is an important way to stay resilient and healthy? There are many ways you can stay well-rounded in your self-care practices by implementing social activities that do not cause you feel overwhelmed.
Here are several of our ideas for you.
- Send a thank you note or kind message to a loved one
- Engage on 3-5 social media posts that sparks your attention
- Take a walk or go on a hike with a friend
- Ask for help when you need it
- Set clear boundaries with co-workers, friends, and family
- Honor your commitments to other people
- Be actively involved in 3 other groups outside of work
- Host a party or game night with friends and family
- Call a loved one and have 20 minute conversation
- Visit local shopping center or coffee shop and enjoy time surrounded by other people