“Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind that you have to convince.” – Unknown
By Jennifer McDougall
Many people think self-care is just massages, facials, and getting your nails done, but there is so much more to taking care of yourself than that. Even though it is essential to rest, it is just as important to move your body and take proper nutrition. Exercise comes naturally to many people, but for others, there is a much greater need for motivation and encouragement to get moving. That is why we wrote this blog, to remind you that physical self-care can be fun and is a terrific way to help improve your mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
What is your favorite form of physical self-care? You may not realize how many ways you can practice taking better care of your physical health. Here are 5 ideas for things you can start doing today.
- Our founder and CEO of POCWASN, Syrenthia Colino, enjoy a brisk walk in the morning with her son to start the day off right. Exercise in the morning is a great way to get your blood flowing and pump oxygen to your brain. Another idea is yoga or swimming. All these exercises are low impact, are easy on your joints, and offer an excellent way to improve flexibility, increase muscle density, and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Eat healthy, reduce your caffeine intake and stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Listen to your body. When you are tired, rest. Get out and exercise when you are feeling anxious, bloated, or restless.
- Dry brushing and exfoliation stimulate blood flow, improve skin texture, and help your body naturally eliminate toxins.
- Practice deep breathing while doing a mindful meditation can help calm any anxieties you may be experiencing.