“All our dreams can come true if we dare to pursue them.” —Walt Disney
By Jennifer McDougall
If you want something to happen, you must get up and do something about it. Sometimes the initial task alone feels challenging and a bit overwhelming. However, once you get started, you create momentum, and off you go, accomplishing your goals and crossing things off your list. All it takes is a little self-motivation.
“Where can one find motivation?” You may be asking. That is why we created this helpful list of 5 ideas to kick-start your motivation to new heights.
- When you get an idea, write it down. Then, set aside time to focus on bringing that idea to life.
- Start now. Start wherever you are, and don’t let your excuses eat up your time. Once you start chipping away at the task, you will gain some momentum and flow, making it easy to carry out the task at hand.
- Turn all notifications off on your phone. All of them. If you get a phone call, your phone will still ring; if it’s an emergency, that person can still reach you. So it’s important to limit all distractions.
- Plan for something rewarding to do or treat yourself with after the task is completed.
- Turn the music up. Have you ever noticed how much better you feel when listening to music?