By Jennifer McDougall
Developing strong spiritual health and wellbeing will help you experience inner peace and deeper meaning in life. It will give you comfort and peace in times of difficulty and despair. Studies have shown that when a person does not have strong spiritual beliefs, their physical health suffers. Your spiritual health is a key element in living a life filled with passion, grace, and mercy; an awareness to forgive and have hope for better days ahead.
- Practice yoga 2-3 times a week to stretch and open your core to heal your body in ways you may have never thought possible.
- Try meditating in an infrared sauna for 45 minutes once a week to help clear and balance your chakra while detoxing your body and helping you feel energized and focused.
- Put your thoughts out on paper. Get out your journal and start writing down whatever you think, feel, and any ideas that come to mind. You can write about past or present experiences and how they impact your life. You can write about your hopes and dreams and how you plan you accomplish them. It’s all a matter of getting it out, and on paper, so you can see it, read it, and reflect on it.
- Travel away for a few days or a week to change your scenery. This is a great way to open your mind, expose yourself to other places and people, and broaden your horizons.
- Speak to your higher power in prayer at the end of every day or even throughout the day to ask for guidance, forgiveness, and courage. No matter what you face in life, with those three wonderful superpowers, you can overcome just about anything.